Date Posted: 8/21/2019
Location: Corydon, IA
- Works collaboratively with the engineering team and plant personnel to improve design, manufacturing and assembly process.
- Designs and details lawn mower parts, assemblies and accessories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and model products and components in SolidWorks accurately.
- Prepare and maintain accurate Bill of Materials.
- Review, evaluate and troubleshoot design problems.
- Assist in supporting new and existing designs by gathering information and producing drawings.
- Conduct shop and field tests and prepare evaluation/test reports.
- Work from written and verbal directions, sketches, and customer specifications.
- Create, document, and maintain parts and assembly instructions.
- Prepare product manuals and assembly instructions.
- Revise manufacturing drawings for various components and assemblies, as required.
- Evaluate and update manufacturing drawings for clarity and dimensional accuracy.
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem solving by working directly with the design team, production supervisors/managers, and shop floor production team as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with the supervisor on the status of assigned tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred or Associate’s degree in Applied Science required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CAD modelling/drafting experience.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes in lawn mower or related industry a plus.
- High level of proficiency drafting in 3D environment using SolidWorks.
- Attention to detail. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work from engineering sketches.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Work effectively with limited direction as well as the ability to work in a team environment and multitask effectively.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.