Date Posted: 9/7/2022
Location: Corydon, IA
- Receives requests for quotations, orders, and lead times from customers.
- Makes quotations on standard items, writes orders, and relays pertinent order information to customers.
- Coordinates with other departments in handling purchase orders and providing service to customers.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works order and customer service desks which can include taking orders, tracing shipments, and identifying order, manufacturing, boxing, or shipping errors.
- Assists in producing sales programs and displays, works shows, fairs and farmer meetings as required.
- Assists with service, sales and training sessions for fellow employees, dealers or customers, as required.
- Receives telephone requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations directly from dealers. Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them the best possible service.
- Uses a computer to retrieve customer information, stock status information, the status of purchase orders, and to make changes on customer purchase orders. Ensures that correct codes are used for retrieving and inputting information.
- Works closely with the Scheduler regarding deliveries and shipments.
- Handles the needs of sales representatives and dealers.
- Checks with credit department concerning credit status of customer when rush orders are received.
- Prepares activity such as change notices, scheduling changes, partial shipments, and credit changes.
- Prepares paperwork, RMA’s (using original purchase order, copies of invoice, and return goods memo) to be given to accounting department for credit or debit to be issued.
- Performs other duties as season / business dictates.
- Follows safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Provide technical support to Shivvers dealers, and customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs semi-routine duties where some judgment is required when communicating with customers, sales representatives, and inter-company personnel.
Responsibility and Authority:
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relations. Generally deals with representatives and customers concerning matters that require some tact and resourcefulness. Contacts with other personnel including engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing departments.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Skills/Experience Requirements: Experience in the following elements required:
- Extensive Customer Service experience.
- Excellent Communication Skills – both verbal and written.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Willingness to learn and do hands on training in factory or in field.
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent organizational and proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task assignments and duties.
- Willingness to learn products, policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Willingness to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25lbs occasionally.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, kneeling, climbing, crouching, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing, typing, and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed such as eye/face shields and clothing protection when in factory environment.
- Work environment will range from standard office to manufacturing environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
Interested applicants may apply online or complete the job application and submit to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.