Date Posted: 12/23/2021
Location: Corydon, Iowa
Description of Job:
- Work collaboratively with the engineering team and various plant personnel to improve designs on existing products or develop new products related to Zero Turn Lawnmowers (ZTR) and Grain Drying Equipment.
- Provide technical expertise in recommending equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify processes, and improve material designs or material flaws.
- Assist with design improvements on existing products, and new product designs for ZTR lawnmowers, grain/crop dryers, heaters/burners, fans, controls, material handling equipment, and grain storage.
- Provide technical leadership to the other members of the department.
- Use obtained skills in 3-D product design for initial design development and specifications.
- Interface with customers/dealers to obtain practical understanding of requirements to design new products and improve existing products to meet the demands of the market.
- Communicate and coordinate with manufacturing staff and procurement specialists to ensure manufacturability and cost control of the finished product.
- Participate in product development testing to validate the design concepts in the development lab, and often with in-field testing.
- Create detailed manufacturing prints, bill of materials and operating instructions for all products and improvements while interfacing with Sales, Manufacturing, and Procurement to insure an integrated, efficient product roll-out.
- Work with other members of the department as required/needed, including designers and technical drafting support.
- Complete and assist with a variety of diverse assignments related to designing or sourcing an improved gearbox, determining fuel consumption efficiency of direct fired burners, designing improved grain handling products using improved technology, designing new/improved fans, designing/improving ZTR lawnmowers, and designing new technology products.
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem solving by working directly with the design team, production supervisors/managers, and shop floor production team as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with the supervisor on the status of assigned tasks.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Follow safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Perform work in a neat and orderly fashion and maintains a clean work area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an Agricultural Engineering degree with strong mechanical engineering background required.
- Previous engineering design experience in mechanical equipment manufacturing environment; preferably a minimum of 5 years.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes in lawn mower/grain dryer or related industry a plus.
- High level of proficiency drafting in 3D environment using SolidWorks.
- Attention to detail. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work from engineering sketches.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Work effectively with limited direction as well as the ability to work in a team environment and multitask effectively.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive operations.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs frequently; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions such as bending, walking, reaching with hands, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed. Steel-toed shoes and safety glasses are required when working in the factory or testing areas.
- Environment ranges from an office environment to a manufacturing shop environment with various noise levels and temperatures ranging from hot to cold depending on seasons.
Interested applicants may apply online or complete the job application and submit to:
Shivvers Manufacturing, Inc.
614 W. English
Corydon, IA 50060
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE. Physical and Drug Screen required.